The Packer Showdown
Dec. 3-5, 2021
Colquitt County Agricultural Pavilion
OPEN TO THE WORLD!!!!
All entries must be submitted by November 19, 2021
***Late entries may be accepted with a $5 late fee. Per animal***
Gilts WILL NOT be allowed to double enter. They can show as either a breeding gilt OR as a market hog.
Registration Fee: Saturday $25 per pig and Sunday $25 per pig. 15$ for Saturday showmanship and $15 for Sunday showmanship
- Any exhibitor 21 years of age or under is eligible to show.
- All swine must be blood tested PRV and Brucellosis negative within 30 days of the show and have an official health certificate. All out-of-state swine must have a prior permit number on the health certificate.
- Pens are limited and will be assigned first come, first serve if needed. Pigs may be shown off the trailer and all trailers must be set up in the designated trailer area. Bring your own dividers and generators.
- Each exhibitor may enter unlimited number of pigs.
- Prize money will be determined based upon the number of entries.
- Market gilts and barrows will show together. Market hogs will be shown by weight. We will be declaring weights this year. Weight cards will be due by 8:00am each day. Saturday weights will go for Sunday if you show both days. THERE WILL BE A 5% weigh back on the 1st and 2nd in each class on Saturday and 7% weigh back on 1st and 2nd places in each class on Sunday. All animals must have a readable ear tag.
Purebred market animals will need the proper registration certificate from NSR and will show by weight. A minimum of 10 head will be required to hold a breed show. If there are less than 10 head of a breed, they will be shown as All Other Breeds. Breed Champions and Reserve Champions will be chosen for each breed. A Supreme Top Five Market hog will be chosen.
290# MAXIMUM WEIGHT LIMITS!!!!! NJSA rules will be in effect. 5% and 7% weigh back.
- All purebred gilts must be registered with a proper registration certificate from the National Swine Registry for their respective breed. Purebred entries must show the exhibitor’s name or exhibitor’s family farm as the current owner on the registration paper. Registered breeding gilts do not have to have ear tags but must be ear notched according to their registration certificate. A minimum of 10 head will be required to hold a breed show. If there are less than 10 head of a breed, they will be shown as All Other Breeds. Breed Champions and Reserve Champions will be chosen for each breed. A Supreme Top Five Breeding Gilt will be chosen.
Farrowing date requirements JUNE 1 or after NJSA rules will be in effect.
Commercial gilts MAX weight limits 300# with a 5% and 7% weigh back
- Showmanship classes will be determined by entries. Show is open to all students ages 21 and under. Showmanship will be shown from the youngest to oldest and broken according to the number of entries. (Showmanship divisions will be peewee, novice, junior, intermediate, and senior divisions) Showmanship will be 100% payout.
- The CCJLA and its members, nor anyone or anybody associated with the show are not liable for accidents, injuries or theft.
- Exhibitors are responsible for his or her own animal and property and assume all risks associated with such.
- The barn will open on Friday, December 3, at Noon. Registration and weight cards will be due by 8:00am each day. Saturdays weights will be used for Sunday.
- The rules committee reserves the right to interpret all rules. Decision of the judge and the rules committee will be final.
Final Rule and most important rule - HAVE FUN!!!